For more than a decade, The Fertility Pod has been collaborating with fertility specialists and IVF clinics to support couples undergoing IVF and assisted fertility. Our experienced practitioners will guide you through treatment plans that have helped so many of our patients to have healthy babies.
Whether you are just starting to consider IVF, are in the middle of an IVF cycle, or have tried multiple cycles, now is the right time to start supporting your body with acupuncture and nutrition.
When trying to conceive, often the focus is on the person who will carry the baby; however, we have seen how beneficial it is for the partner to also receive support for their overall health. For heterosexual couples, preparing the sperm for IVF is a key step in the process. Partners may also benefit from extra support to the nervous system, focusing on a specific health condition, and improving general health
We are supportive of the LGBTQIA+ community and have helped many same-sex couples in their fertility journey.
Acupuncture can help with blood flow to the ovaries and uterus, reduce stress levels, and mitigate some of the side-effects of the medications (without interfering with their effectiveness). It supports whole-body health, which is so important when going through IVF or other assisted reproductive technologies such as IUI. Read more about acupuncture and its benefits here.
Recommendation of when to have acupuncture treatments for IVF, IUI, and assisted reproductive technologies:
- Prior to IVF or IUI cycle: once per week (ideally for 4-6 weeks prior to IVF medication)
- During IVF or IUI drug (stim) cycle: two to three times during a drug cycle (prior to egg collection), e.g., day 3, 6, and 9
- After egg collection: once within 48 hours
- Please note that we do not recommend acupuncture on the day of egg collection.
- Preparing for frozen embryo transfer: once or twice per week
- Day of embryo transfer (fresh or frozen): twice on the day – one treatment before and one treatment after (pre and post)
- After embryo transfer or IUI: approx. 5 days after embryo transfer, then once per week
- If the pregnancy is successful, we recommend weekly acupuncture through to week 12 of the pregnancy.
On the day of embryo transfer, acupuncture can support with the nervous system (which is more than solely relaxation; the nervous system affects so many other systems in the body such as levels of inflammation, hormones, and more). Acupuncture can also help with blood flow to the uterus on this important day.
- Preparing for egg freezing: once per week (ideally for 4-6 weeks prior to cycle)
- During the drug (stim) cycle: two to three times during a drug cycle (prior to egg collection), e.g., day 3, 6, and 9
Nutrition and Naturopathy
Nutrition and diet impact the health of every cell and organ in the body, including the egg and sperm cells, the lining of the endometrium (in the uterus), and hormonal levels. Our practitioners will assist you and your partner to prepare for a healthy pregnancy and a healthy child. The nutrition and naturopathy program will consider nutritional supplements and dietary advice and incorporate lifestyle advice and herbal medicine (if appropriate) to comprehensively support your journey. Nutrition and naturopathy consultations are available via telehealth for wherever you are in Australia. Read more about how nutrition and naturopathy can support you here.
In both acupuncture treatments and naturopathy consultations, your practitioner may recommend herbal medicine. Specific herbs may support in improving fertility and gynecological conditions. Studies show that herbs can balance hormones, improve the function of organs and systems in the body, promote blood flow, and more. Chinese herbs have been used to assist fertility and gynecological issues since as early as 476 BC in China. Your practitioner can prescribe a herbal formula that is precisely designed for your condition and situation at any given time.
Please note that while going through an IVF cycle, your practitioner will discontinue prescribing herbs so that they do not interfere with the IVF medications.
We offer massage treatments to support relaxation and release aches and pains during the process. Whether you have a physical ailment or experiencing mental or physical tension, these treatments with our qualified massage therapists will leave you feeling renewed.
Call us on 03 9348 2867 to explore how our experienced team can support your IVF journey.