Acupuncture and Chinese herbs have been shown in clinical trials to improve chances of fertility both naturally and with IVF assistance. We work alongside your gynecologist to help support you through your treatments.
Acupuncture and herbs can help improve fertility and assist conception by:
- Regulating hormones to produce more follicles
- Regulate the menstrual cycle
- Improve egg quality
- Increase blood flow to the uterus to increase the thickness of the uterine lining
- Increase sperm quality and quantity
- Decrease chances of miscarriage
- Reduce stress and improve immune system which improves the implantation process and prevents chances of miscarriage.
The Fertility Pod also treats gynecological issues which can be common with or without infertility.
- Unexplained infertility
- Irregular menstrual cycles
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Frequent miscarriage
- Low progesterone levels
- High FSH levels
- Painful periods
- Failed IVF attempts
We also focus on pregnancy support:
- Morning sickness
- High blood pressure
- Babies health
- Milk production
- Weight loss
- Once or twice weekly acupuncture for 4-6 wks prior to IVF medication. (Increases blood supply to uterus and ovaries. Also helps to develop healthy follicles and increase chances of implantations).
- This procedure is the same prior to frozen embryo transfers.
- Once or twice weekly when needed during any phase of the IVF cycle to decrease side effects such as anxiety, moodiness, bloating, insomnia, fatigue, hot flushes, etc.
- Acupuncture after egg collection. (Helps body to recover after procedure and anesthesia).
- Acupuncture pre/post transfer. (These protocol points are shown to increase chances of pregnancy by up to 65% – British Medical Journal, 2008).
- Acupuncture once weekly for first 12 wks of pregnancy. (Enhances circulation to uterus and strengthens the immune system).
- Acupuncture for sperm problems. (Improve sperm mobility and decrease number of abnormal sperm).
- Once weekly acupuncture from wk 36 of pregnancy. (Can help shorten labor time and turn baby if breach).